While you’re enjoying your Finger Lakes vacation rental, be sure to kick back, relax, and savor some of the award-winning wines the Finger Lakes has to offer!
- Address: 2690 Gray Road, Penn Yan, New York 14527-9554
- Phone: 315-531-8923; if no answer please call 315-536-9686
- Hours: Daily 11am - 5:30 pm, Sundays 12-5:30pm
- April 1 - Memorial Day: weekends only
Memorial Day - November 1st: daily
November 1st - Xmas: weekends only
December 25th - April 1st: Saturdays Only
- April 1 - Memorial Day: weekends only
Wines: Range of sweet to dry white and red wines, as well as ice wines. Their Baco Noir was voted Best Baco of 2008 by the NYS Wine and Grape Foundation. Diamond (white semi-sweet labrusca flavor, goes with spicy food) and Kestrel White (semi-dry Traminette with Gewurztraminer parentage, spicy) are also award winners.
- Yelp Reviews:
- “If you prefer semi sweets and sweeter wines, this place will have your name on it. It's away from the main road so rarely gets busy.” David R., via Yelp.com
- “I'm so torn!!!! Vultures Red vs Raptors Red. So hard to choose. Loved that my Great Dane was welcomed.” Cynthia S, via Yelp.com
- “Personally I liked their Del-A-Cat white and Diamond. Winery staffs are friendly and very knowledgeable about wines.” Ellie J, via Yelp.com
- Address: 8843 Greyton H. Taylor Mem. Dr., Hammondsport, NY 14840
- Phone: 607-868-3610 (call ahead to reserve a tasting of ten or more)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours: Wine tasting every day, from Memorial Day to Columbus Day
- Wine shop and gift shop open 10am-5pm
- Wines: Tend to use grapes of the native variety and French hybrids rather than the classic vinifera.
“The tour and tasting experience at Bully Hill is definitely one of the most unique in the Finger Lakes. The experience begins with a complimentary 30-minute walking tour of the estate followed by a 20-minute tasting extravaganza.”
“The Bully Hill Restaurant features innovative cuisine with a breathtaking view of Keuka Lake. WE ARE A GRATUITY-FREE ESTABLISHMENT”
- Yelp Reviews:
- “Bully Hill has quite a lot to offer in the way of vineyards. There is a museum, restaurant, vineyard, tasting rooms and breathtaking views. It is not your average run-of-the-mill winery, but something more.” Kari C., via Yelp.com
- “For wine, I had a Riesling---you can't go wrong with a Riesling in the Finger Lakes. The standout, though, was the chilled Equinox red wine. Very fruity and refreshing, just like the description said.” Allison H., via Yelp.com
- “We always have a great experience at Bully Hill. The staff is so friendly and they really seem to love what they do. The wine is delicious, and the prices can't be beat!” Kelley P., via Yelp.com
- Address: 7494 Hatchery Road, Hammondsport NY, 14840
- Phone: (607)-569-3609
- Hours: Open 10-5pm Monday through Saturday, Sunday from 12-5pm (12-4pm in the winter)
- Wines: Bottle-fermented white, blush, red, and fruit flavored New York State champagnes. Table wines include vinifera (Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir, and Merlot) and wines from local grapes (Niagara, Catawba, Steuben, and Concord). 100% fruit wines (cranberry, plum, apple, pear, and dandelion to name a few), are also featured.
In 2001, Chateau Renaissance won a Gold Medal for their New York State Brut Champagne at the Grand Harvest Awards wine competiton in California. Chateau Renaissance Wine Cellars offer complimentary wine tasting. Weekend events offered throughout the year featuring regional musicians, food and wine pairings.
"Chateau Renaissance Wine Cellars specializes in bottle fermented New York State champagne, made one bottle at a time, using a 400 yr old recipe from the former DeMay winery in the Loire Valley of France. This traditional style of wine sparkle is known as "Method Champenoise." Known to make the finest wine sparkles in the world!”
- Yelp Review:
- “A whole host of sparkling wines and an equally impressive fruit wine collection (Real fruit, not flavored wine.) makes this a must stop for those who want something different.” Johnny D., via Yelp.com
- “Compared to the other vineyards, Cheateau Ren had much more sparkling wines, fruit wines, and dessert wines than the other places. The peach and pear Sparkles were good, almost too sweet, but not. I had heard about dandelion wine years back and finally got to try it.” Rich L., via Yelp.com
- “A "Mom-n-Pop" winery. Nowhere else on Keuka Lake did we see wine being made. Love the fruit wines (straight from the fruit, not fruit-enhanced grape wine)…Free unlimited tastings. Nice mix of sweet & dry wines.” Kristina S., via Yelp.com
- Address: 9749 Middle Rd, Hammondsport, NY 14840
- Phone: 800-320-0735 (reservations required for groups of 12 or more)
- Hours: Monday through Saturday 9-5pm, Sunday 12-5pm (year round)
- Wines: Really good Rieslings and Chardonnay, and sparkling wine for that matter.
“Visit the winery founded by the legendary Dr. Konstantin Frank, pioneer grower of European wine grape varieties in the eastern United States. Founded in 1962, Vinifera Wine Cellars was the first Finger Lakes winery to produce truly world-class table wines. To this day, Vinifera Wine Cellars - now in the capable hands of Dr. Frank's son Willy and grandson Fred - is regarded as the pillar of the area's fine wine industry.
Its sister winery Chateau Frank is dedicated to producing outstanding sparkling wines. Chateau Frank's flagship Brut Champagne has received countless accolades and has caught the attention of the wine experts from coast to coast.”
- Yelp Reviews:
- “Very nice surprise, excellent wine and best of all was the Complimentary wine tasting of anything you want! Friendly staff that was very patience and helpful. The staffs were very knowledgeable and catered the wine to your palette.” Michelle T, via Yelp.com
- “For buys I'd recommend the dry Riesling ($16) and from the cheaper label I liked the Chardonnay Riesling (2016 - Salmon Run label $10.99). Also, they Ship to NJ!” Bloss C., via Yelp.com
- “This is the MacDaddy of Vineyards in the area. The wines all are absolutely fabulous no joke. I mean red, white, sparking.” Jen R., via Yelp.com
- Address: 9301 County Route 76, Hammondsport, NY 14840
- Phone: (800) 441-4241
- Hours: Mon-Sat: 10-5, Sun: Noon-5
- Wines: Heron Hill has won several awards for their wines, especially their Rieslings (ranging from dry to semi-sweet). Their reds, notably their Cabernet Franc, have also won awards.
Heron Hill has tasting rooms on Keuka, Canandaigua, and Seneca Lake with the winery itself on Keuka. They have a Wednesday Winter Happy Hour every Wednesday from 5-7pm, no cover charge to enter.
“Today Heron Hill makes six different cool climate Rieslings -- from dry, terroir-driven reserves to our ethereal ice wines. Heron Hill Winery has become a coveted destination within New York for weddings, as well as casual, outdoor food, and music events on the terrace of the seasonal Blue Heron Café. Heron Hill Winery was chosen as one of the ten most spectacular tasting rooms in the world by Travel + Leisure magazine!”
- Yelp Review:
- “I really enjoyed Heron Hill, and while nothing blew me away, all of the wine I tasted were professionally crafted and there wasn't a bad one in the bunch.” Cody Y., via Yelp.com
- “…so enjoyed the lunch on the fantastic patio with an absolutely GORGEOUS view! Great service... we will certainly be back.” Elizabeth F., via Yelp.com
- “Our server, Tambi, was very knowledgable. I told her that I hate Cab Franc because they taste like bug spray. She looked me in the eye and said, ‘I'm sorry, but you're wrong.’ Their Cab Francs were so good, I bought several.” Diana R., via Yelp.com
- “The Gamebird series was delicious and the best of the sweets during the 7 wineries we visited.” Mal S., via Yelp.com
- Address: 4021 Italy Hill Road, Branchport, NY 14418
- Phone: 800-946-3289
- Hours: Open 7 days a week June through October, Monday through Saturday 10-6pm and Sundays 11-6pm. November through May open Mon-Sat 10-5pm and Sunday 11-5pm.
- Wines: Dolce di Moscato has won several awards. Their Late Harvest Vignoles 2013, Seyval Blanc 2014, Valvin Moscat 2013, and Vidal Blanc Ice Wine 2007 have all won awards.
“We craft our wines to be enjoyed by different folks with different tastes. Our 170-acre farm includes 43 acres of wine grapes. The varieties under our care include Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Seyval Blanc, Valvin Muscat, Vidal Blanc, and Vignoles. We are the oldest continuous producer of genuine ice wine in the United States.”
- Yelp Reviews:
- “Their Chardonnay Champagne is a must-try. I usually despise chardonnay, but found this to be more champagne-like.” Michelle P., via Yelp.com
- “I love sweet wines and they have so many that I loved...it was hard to choose from! Their Dolce di Moscato is a must try!” Emalie H., via Yelp.com
- “When I saw they offered a wine and chocolate tasting for four dollars I knew I had to try it. The chocolates they had to offer were very interesting…their best combination was their coconut curry flavored chocolate with their Vignoles wine. It was a great combination.” Veronica K., via Yelp.com
- “Even though it costs a little extra, you MUST TRY the Ice Wine, it is one of the coolest tasting drinks ever. I'm not a big fan of dessert wines, and I believe this falls into that category, but holy crap is it good.” Derek B., via Yelp.com
- Address: 273 East Lake Rd. (Rt. 54), Penn Yan, NY 14527
- Phone: 315-536-3147
- Hours: February and March open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 10-5pm. April-November open daily 10-5pm. December open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Wines: Their Seyval Chardonnay 2014, Dry Rose 2016, Crooked Lake White, Riesling 2016, Gewurtztraminer 2016, Vignoles 2016, Cabernet Franc 2016, Lemberger 2016, Merlot 2016, and several other red and white selections have won numerous awards.
“Len and Judy are committed to making consistent, high-quality, award-winning wine, hand-crafted from vine to bottle. From the beginning, they have believed that Keuka Lake is an area capable of producing world-class wine and wanted to be a part of this trend. They have been residents of the area since 1973.
They also believe that each visitor to the tasting room should have the best wine tasting experience possible, enjoying fine wine and the company of a well-trained and hospitable staff, surrounded by an atmosphere that compliments learning about and enjoying their wines. With the new tasting room, they are able to share a panoramic view of Keuka Lake from the top of the vineyards. They offer a wide selection of wines, both red and white, dry and sweet, to suite many different tastes.”
- Yelp Reviews:
- “Keuka Springs Vineyards made my day. My boyfriend and I drove out from Rochester, NY to buy a bottle of Vignoles, our favorite white wine and we ended up with several more bottles due to their staffs knowledge and kindness.” Amy C., via Yelp.com
- “The Lemberger is very peppery and pleasing and would compliment a meal very nicely. In terms of whites the semi-sweet Riesling and Vignoles are truly delicious, and Clara's Red is a great every day sweet red.” Veronika K., via Yelp.com
- “The tastings are free, the wines sell themselves. Our favorite reds are the Miller's Cove Red and the Lemberger. Favorite whites would be the semi dry Reisling and Gewurtztraminer.” Hope C., via Yelp.com
- “Tastings here, much to our delight, are FREE! Their semi-dry riesling, the 2013 governor's cup winner, is a true gem.” Ran L., Yelp.com
- Address: 5503 Dutch St., Dundee, New York 14837
- Phone: (607) 292-3999
- Hours: June through end of October open 10-6pm, Saturdays in July and August 10-6pm, November through May 11-5pm
- Wines: They make Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Riesling, Pinot Noir, Late Harvest Vignoles, Black Russian, Sparkling Riesling, Blanc de Blanc, Blanc de Noir, Cayuga White, and white, blush and red table wines. The wines vary from dry to semi-dry, semi-sweet and sweet.
McGregor Vineyard also grows the Vinifera grape varieties Sereksiya Charni, Saperavi, Rkatsiteli, and Sereksiya Rosé, rare in the United States.
“The McGregor family established the winery in 1980. Since its inception, the Winery has followed the European philosophy of winemaking. A visit to our winery is a unique experience, as we offer a seated tasting and sampling plates of cheese, pesto, and chocolate with every tasting. Our experienced staff will guide you through the history of McGregor Vineyard from a winemaking perspective.”
- Yelp Reviews:
- “Delicious cheese & meet platters in the menu make this a terrific mid day stop for wine & a light bite.” Susan R., Yelp.com
- “I love that each of the Keuka Lake wineries have their own atmosphere and flavor. Despite being up on the hill and a little removed from the lake, McGregor Vineyard Winery has views to die for.” Michelle P., Yelp.com
- “We liked their set-up where you sit at big tables with excellent views of Keuka Lake - no standing at a tasting bar. They serve a small plate of snacks and they bring the wines to you. Very nice and a good change of pace.” PJ C., via Yelp.com
- “I enjoyed the Cabernet Sauvignon and my girlfriend got a bottle of the late harvest Vignoles.” Nik K., via Yelp.com
- Address: 14630 State Route 54, Hammondsport, NY 14840
- Phone: 607-292-7007
- Hours: Beginning in December, open Friday, Saturday, Sunday 10-5pm
- Wines: Ravines won an international award for Best Dry Riesling just two months after opening. They make a variety of Dry Rieslings, as well as Chardonnays, Gewürztraminers, and an Ayre. For reds, they offer Pinot Noir, a Maximilien, and a Cerise.
"Dry wines are the focus at Ravines where Winemaker/Oenologist Morten Hallgren creates expressive wines with old-world balance and elegance using traditional methods of viticulture and winemaking he learned on his family’s winery in the South of France. Co-owner Lisa Hallgren uses her French culinary training to create foods that perfectly complement their wines. See ravineswine.com for a schedule of food and wine events offered in the tasting room’s Ravinous Kitchen where warm and knowledgeable wine servers offer freshly baked wine crackers, farmstead cheeses, artisan chocolates and local specialty foods.”
- Yelp Reviews:
- “The wine tastings run smoothly and they offer 3 different options, a cheese or chocolate pairing or a regular wine tasting. Their wines are exquisite, they offer a broad range but their Rieslings are truly one of my favorites and not just on the lake!” Krista H., via Yelp.com
- “Our sommelier was very attentive and explained everything in detail while advising us on the proper way to eat and drink. Second favorite winery in the Finger Lakes. Bought some chocolate and their Cabernet Franc.” Mi Rae C., via Yelp.com
- “Ravines stands out from its competitors by providing all around awesome wine, from white to red, and will have something everyone will enjoy. Our pourer was an older gentleman who knew the wines like the back of his hand and really enhanced the experience for me and my girlfriend.” Cody Y., Yelp.com
- Address: 489 Route 54 South, Penn Yan, NY 14527
- Phone: 315-536-4773
- Hours: Open summer and fall Monday through Saturday 10AM-5PM. Open winter and spring Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 11-5pm
- Wines: Rooster Hill produces Cabernet Franc, Riesling, Lemberger, Pinot noir, Gewurztraminer, Vidal Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, and Merlot. They’ve won awards for their Sparking Cider, Dry Riesling, Estate Riesling, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Lemberger, Silver Pencil, and Estate Pinot Noir.
“Our wines are produced with the intention of highlighting the high quality of the fruit we work with and showcasing each unique growing season the Finger Lakes provides us with. We strive for the ultimate balance between flavor, texture, acid and tannin to create the truest expression of the vintage.
The expansive, immaculate porch invites you to sit and relax in our comfortable chairs. It is the perfect spot for relaxing and we encourage you to bring a lunch and eat 'al fresco' while you enjoy cool breezes, sip our wonderful wines, and chat about the region.”
- Yelp Reviews:
- “Must-try: Bubbly Bantam- I ended up buying this bottle because I thought it would be a great brunch wine! There were citrus notes followed by a peach flavoring which made it so refreshing to drink when it's chilled.” Rosie Q, via Yelp.com
- “Taster Beth led us through the menu. They're serious about their wines here.” Johnny D., via Yelp.com
- “Loved the Silver Pencil especially and the sis loved the Rosemont ('red starter wine! lol) I went twice and both times the tasting host/hostesses were professional, sweet and knowledgeable.” Melissa B., via Yelp.com
- Address: 2971 Williams Hill Road, Keuka Park, NY 14478
- Phone: 315-694-7262
- Hours: Monday through Saturday 10-5pm, Sundays 11-5pm. December through March open Saturdays and Sundays 12-5pm.
- Wines: Variety of reds and whites, ranging from dry to sweet
“For five generations we have been growing and selling grapes from our beautiful Keuka Lake farm. Vineyard View offers a selection of wines from dry to sweet. Come drink in the view and see why our family has enjoyed this area for so many years.
Vineyard View Winery produces a variety of wines from dry vinifera such as Riesling and Cabernet Franc. To unique hybrids varietals like Traminette, and Valvin Muscat. Now you can easily shop online for any of your favorites, like Nikki's Red or our 2012 Dry Riesling.”
- Yelp Reviews:
- “I prefer dry wines and I absolutely loved the Cabernet Franc. After the tasting we purchased some of their wine to drink out on the back deck. It is a beautiful view of the lake” Kelley P., via Yelp.com
- “What a beautiful place for a winery! You definitely know how they picked their name because the view of Keuka Lake is spectacular!” Kendra K., via Yelp.com
- “They're one of the few who sell blaufrankish (lemberger) on its own rather than blended, and it was remarkably well balanced. Their rieslings, especially the 2012, exhibit a nice sense of terroir.” Chari F., Yelp.com