While the Finger Lakes region is known for its wine, be sure to stop by one of these breweries while enjoying your Keuka Lake vacation rental!
- Address: 2994 Merritt Hill Road, Penn Yan, NY 14527
- (585) 209-3276
- Closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
- Open Thursday from 2-7pm, Friday 2-6pm, and Saturday from 11-6pm.
- Beers: http://www.abandonbrewing.com/beers.html
“Abandon Brewing Company is focused on providing interesting and creative beers supported by great service. Abandon provides families and friends a relaxed atmosphere within an early 1800's reconditioned barn, on a hill overlooking Keuka Lake.”
“The barn has been outfitted with original and handcrafted wood while the required building corrections were crafted and fitted by local Mennonite carpenters and builders. Geothermal energy is used to heat the brewing and fermentation area of the brewery while it also cools the glycol used in temperature control of fermentation. A pavilion and out building have been added to host and support weddings and other large outdoor events”
- Address: 511 Hansen Point, Penn Yan, NY 14527
- Phone: (607) 745-0221
- Hours: Closed Wednesdays. Open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 1-6pm. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11-6pm
Named the best brewery in New York State by Yelp! If you’ve got non-beer drinkers in your party, they offer Rootstock Cider and Red Jackets juices. They also host food trucks at the brewery during the summer, see dates here (http://www.climbingbineshopfarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Food-truck.jpg)
“Climbing Bines Hop Farm is located on route 14 between Geneva and Watkins Glen on the west side of scenic Seneca Lake. The hopyard is a 1.5 acre planting that consists of seven cultivars and nearly 1500 hills. Our Farm is dedicated to growing premium New York State grown hops for the local brewing industry and beyond. Our practices are rooted in the philosophy of sustainable agricultural and environmental consciousness. The Climbing Bines hopyard includes a mix of aroma and high alpha hops. The cultivars include Cascade, Centennial, Chinook, Goldings, Magnum, Nugget, and Willamette. We offer premium freshly harvested wet and dried whole leaf hops for regionally distinct specialty ales.”
“Our brews are hand-crafted on site utilizing estate grown hops and locally harvested barley. We offer tastings, pints, grenades (32 oz.), and growlers. Our house ales include an IPA, Amber, Pale, Blonde, and Hefeweizen.”
- Address: 138 Water Street. Penn Yan, NY 14527
- Phone: 315-536-5603
- Hours: Open Monday through Wednesday by appointment only, Thursday through Saturday 12-8pm, Sunday 12-4pm.
- Year-round Beer:
- Cardiff Blonde (“slightly fruity, spicy aroma”), Rylie Pale Ale (“blend of malt sweetness and hop aggressiveness”), Rhiannon Red Ale (“hops certainly present, with a floral character”), 1814 Flood Porter (“roasted malt character and a fair hint of peat smokiness”)
- They also have a selection of seasonal Beer: http://www.lyonsmithbrewing.com/on-tap.html
LyonSmith Brewing Co. specializes in beers of the United Kingdom. They have a board game night Thursday at 6pm.
“LyonSmith Brewing Co. has eight taps. We offer four Permanent Selections, available year round. We have three taps for our 13 Seasonal beers, which will rotate in a new beer monthly. We also have one tap that is our Brewer's Choice: a limited edition beer that is exclusive to our tap room. When it's gone, it's gone!”
- Address: 8462 State Route 54, Hammondsport, NY 14840
- Phone: 607-569-3311 (call in advance for groups of 12 or more)
- Hours: Open everyday 12-6pm
Beers include wheat ale (Aviator and Hefeweizen), a pale ale (medium bodied and very hoppy), medium bodied IPA, copper ale, and Scotch ales, along with seasonal offerings.
Their Hammonds-Porter (“medium bodied vanilla porter with plenty of chocolate malt”) received a silver medal in 2015 for the Best Craft Beer in New York State competition. For non-beer drinkers, they also sell their old fashioned root beer, made in house!
They offer tasting flights consisting of your pick of four (5 oz) glasses of beer from the styles on tap. They also serve 1/2 pints, pints and pitchers of beer and you can fill a growler if you like their selections!
- Address: 8572 Briglin Road, Hammondsport, NY 14874
- Phone: (607) 868-4648
- Hours: Saturdays only, 12-5pm
- 607 Lager (Vienna-style), Local Mocha Stout, Hoppy Laker IPA, Bluff Point Brown Ale, White Cap Wheat
- Seasonal Beers: Pumpkin Cream Ale, Ghost of Rita Goose (tart), Fat Stack Maple Pecan Porter (“roasted malt flavor and a touch of hops”), The Fox Gingerbread Brown, Strawberry Gose, Alpha Predator IPA, Perstephanie Kolsh, Peach Gose.
“Keuka Brewing Company is an award-winning, small-batch craft brewery located overlooking beautiful Keuka Lake in Hammondsport, NY. It's a family-run business led by owner, Rich Musso and his son, head brewer, Mark Musso.”
“Opening their doors in 2008, KBC was the first micro-brewery on Keuka Lake and one of the first in the western Finger Lakes region. The brewery creates some of the most unique and forward-thinking brews in the region, like Local Mocha Stout, Afterburner Habañero Ale and Ghost of Rita Gose.”
“The brewery was name the "best craft brewery in New York State" in 2014, winning the prestigious F.X. Matt Memorial Cup Award.”
- Address: 10286 Judson Road, Hammondsport, NY 14840
- Phone: 607-332-3000
- Hours: Closed Mondays and Tuesdays. Open Wednesday 12-6pm, Thursday 12-7pm, Friday and Saturday 12-8pm, Sunday 12-pm, and brunch every first Sunday of the month from 10-1pm (food made by Coco’s Cafes).
- Beer on tap: NY Pils, Steuben Club Pils, Hometown Brown, Chocolate Oat Brown, Steuben Club Stout, NY X-Pale Ale, Steuben Club IPA, Harmonyville IPA
Steuben Brewing Company offers a wide selection of beers on tap as well as their seasonal brews, ranging from IPA’s to stouts.
“We strive to make well-balanced, great-tasting beer of exceptional quality that supports local farms here in the Finger Lakes. We brew with New York State malt, hops, and other ingredients.”
- Address: 8319 Pleasant Valley Road, Hammondsport, NY 14840
- Hours: Closed Monday through Thursday. Open Friday through Sunday 12-6pm
- Beer on tap: New Moon (Dark Wheat), Unfinished Business (Scottish Style Ale), The Crying Loon (Pale Ale), Angry Wet Hopped Ale (Pale Ale), Good Enough? (IPA), Old Antics (Amber Ale), Floating Leaf (Brown Porter), Garbage Pail (American Brown), So You're Wild (Oatmeal Stout), TC'S Sugar Shack (Strong Ale), Answer It (Belgian Brown Ale), Tears of Three Lakes (Belgian Tripel).
“As a New York State Farm Brewery we endeavor to work closely with our neighboring farmers and are inspired by the new flavors that our locally grown ingredients add to our beers. At this time our beers are brewed with 100% NYS hops and 100% NYS base malts.”
“Expect to find traditionally inspired, uniquely crafted ales that will entice and satisfy your senses. Let the call of the loon draw you to the adventure that awaits your beer thirsty soul!”